As circumstances would have it, we are spending more time indoors. With Springs quick arrival, now is the perfect time to hit refresh on the home and get ready for the warmer weather. From subtle rearranging, that will make a huge difference, to adding pops of colour, and new scents, we have some tips to get your home feeling like new!
Tips to Get You Spring Cleaning
Here are our top 3 tips to help get you started. From doing a declutter and cleaning out your space, to adding new decor pieces for that fresh - we've covered all your bases for the ultimate Spring Clean!
Spring Decor: Bring the Outdoors In
With a little bit of planning you can completely transform a room without having to replace any of your staple furniture. For example, you can switch out your winter weight knit blankets for a lightweight throw and drape it over a chair to give the room a more airy feel.
- Replace heavy weight fabrics and fur cushions: start by switching out these winter weight fabrics, with lighter summer weights such as linens and cottons. Say good-bye to faux fur's and instead introduce floral cushions to embody the spirit of the new season!
- Say hello to florals: Alternate between floral patterns, vivid pillows for a pops of colour, and more pastel tones for you living room. Punchy pillows will tie together the room’s more spring-like attitude. Bringing in fresh blooms from the garden (or some artificial flowers for the non-gardeners), are a natural way to spruce up your decor. Arrange a bouquet in a vase to bring the sweet scents of spring to your dining or coffee table.
- Separating Spaces: Rugs are an often-overlooked addition to add seasonal color without dramatically altering a room layout.
Spruce up the Bedroom
Hit refresh with some brand new bed linens. Say goodbye to winter layers and flannelette sheets and opt for light-weight fabrics like linen or cotton. Try a mix and match of patterns and colours of your duvet cover and sheet set. For example choose a floral duvet cover with a linen sheet set.
- Combine floral prints with pops of colour: An option is to co-ordinate your duvet cover with your existing wall colors while also combining a tone of spring. For example, a neutral wall colour pairs well with a vibrant bed spread. When picking a stand-out linen be sure to balance this out with neutral additions like block coloured decorative pillows, a neutral throw blanket and a pastel coloured sheet set.
- Update to summer-weight fabrics: It is common to have winter bedding and summer bedding. Different fabrics suit different temperatures. For example, wool duvet inners are often chosen for winter as they are slightly heavier and add warmth. Being Spring, this is the perfect time to begin transitioning into your summer-weight bedding and adding an additional blanket while it's still cool. Check out our Duvet Inner Buying Guide to understand the different fills and find the best weights for your sleep-style.